Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Voter Turnout

Our new house is located in the county so we went to a new polling place to vote this year. LG was much more of a participant than last year. On the way there as we drove through the cold, rainy night, she would continually ask, "Vote?" To which I would respond, "Yes, we are going to vote." Then she would ask "Mama?", and I would reply that, "Yes, Mama is going to vote." Naturally, she would ask the follow-up of question, "Papa?" And I would assure her with, "Yes, Papa is going to vote." Finally, she would add "You?" which really translates as LG's way of saying "I?". I was able to satisfy her interest by replying, "Yes, you can help Mama and Papa to vote." As the picture shows, she was able to cast her ballot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home